Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Very Special Week For Me

I had n AWESOME DAY TODAY! and I will have an AWESOME WEEK! Because Today I had a very special Assembly all about me. The Dance Company danced to a song called Cosmic Love. They were Amazing. and then the Dream Factory talked about their Program and then our family got to go up on stage to say some Positive things about me. and then the Jazz Band Played.and then Singers came and sang The Star-Spangled-Banner and they were FANTASTIC! and then the Student Council Came to bring me Backstage while they showed a video of us and in this video Emily Miller is kind of talking to my parents and my nephew Brenden asking me a lot of Questions and we couldn't see it because we were backstage. The student council gave me a bunch of gifts that included some things from the Dream Factory. I got a harness and headset for my Gopro camera and a pole that attaches to my wheelchair that can hold my iPad when I want to use it. I got a gift certificate to Coldstone and another iTunes gift card and lots and lots of Hershey bars!

After that, they played an audio clip from a friend of mine that is in Finland on a mission named Steven Goodsell. They showed his picture, too. Then they showed a short YouTube video from Chad Hymas who is a motivational speaker. He was talking to me! He told me not to give up on my dreams to be a motivational speaker like he is even in a wheelchair. That was awesome, too!

Then Mr. Peery, the principal talked about me and then told the students about another special ed student that passed away on Saturday night unexpectedly. His parents came to the school on Monday and gave Mrs. Wilder two bags of pop tabs that this boy had been collecting for me. That was really special.

And then we sang this year's school song and I got to go up to the front with the student council and do the dance moves and  sing the song.

We got shirts for the whole family (even all of you that don't live in Utah) and dog tags that say "Making Ammon's Dream Come True." We will send them all out to you.

Tomorrow night is a fundraiser called "The Manhawk." Only guys can dance and it is a competition. I am going to dance in it. It's lots of fun. Thursday is a movie night showing my favorite movie and next Monday is the Skyhawk Gorge -- lots of samples of food and activities for everybody. All of these activities are to raise money for The Dream Factory.

What can I say?!?  My school is awesome! I love everybody all of my heart and soul.

No comments: