Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update

This is Jess writing under Ammon's user account.

I visited Ammon and Mom yesterday. He was alert and talked to us quite a bit. Like Mom said in the previous post, his chest is pretty congested, perhaps due to the blood transfusion and breathing tube he's had down his throat. Ammon doesn't naturally cough well, so he's having a hard time getting rid of the gunk. The doctors were coming in every so often to suction his throat out.

At one point, I put my hand on his chest to see if I could feel the junk in his lungs as he breathed. After he felt my hand, he said, "Hey, why is my shirt off?" We had some fun with that one for a while.

Every half hour or so, the doctors would rotate him in his bed so he doesn't get bed sores. After a particular rotation, Ammon said, "Oh, that feels so much better now." The doctor replied, "Well, why didn't you tell me earlier?" Ammon said, "I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

He seemed to be doing pretty well. The TV was on and he was able to look at a certain Disney show episode (Life with Derek) and reported to us that this particular episode was from season 4. Hopefully he'll be out of PCMC soon and on to Shriners where it'll be a little easier to visit.

No comments: