Friday, October 2, 2009


Ammon went into surgery tonight about 7:30 p.m. The doctor said it would be a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum might go into the morning. Other doctors came in to see how Jim and I felt about going ahead with such a tough surgery and offered us an out - they just wanted us to know that we didn't HAVE to do this. We knew that but decided to go ahead and give Ammon one more chance for better things.

We got a call about a half hour ago from the OR saying Ammon is doing very well but they still don't know what the problem is. We hope he finds what the problem is very quickly. There is something that is quite large near his bladder. Whatever it is communicates with the bladder but they have not been able to drain anything out of it. They do not know what they are going to find. We hope they figure it out quickly. It's been a sobering evening with lots of tears. For some reason, I feel fairly peaceful. I don't know what that means, but I'm letting the feeling move me a long.

I'll post more as we know.


1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

Thanks for the update. We've been checking periodically to see if there was any news. Our prayers are with you two and Ammon. Hopefully they can figure this out quickly! We love you! -Jen