Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Iowa Trip

I felt like a pioneer on this trip because I made it through the long drive, conquered some fears, saw new country, and met new people. I'm very glad I went Here I am in the visitor's center at the highest point of I-80 between Laramie and Cheyene, WY.
President Lincoln had a vision to make a interstate highway from east to west and so he was honored at this spot. It was a really big monument.

We stopped at Winter Quarters, Nebraska and spent some time in the visitor's center. We met a very nice sister missionary. I can't remember her name. She let me pull a handcart. She was from West Jordan, UT, right near where Jess lives.

On Saturday we went to Nauvoo, IL. I got to cross the Mississippi. It was a very big river! One fun place in Nauvoo is where they have pioneer games. I liked making the man flip over with the toy above.

It was pretty hot at Nauvoo, but it was a nice day. The temple is pretty.

Here I am near the steps of the Nauvoo Temple with my niece and nephews. They are Jared (the tall one), Brenden, Alyssa and Scott.

We also got to go to Dyersville, Iowa to see where the movie "The Field of Dreams," was filmed. It was really cool to go there. Mom ran me around the bases like I had hit a home run. We had fun there.



2 comments:

Michelle said...

It was great having you here in Iowa. I'm glad you had fun. Hope to see you again soon.

Dave and Tana said...

Awesome Ammon! You saw all kinds of neat things. I am glad you had a good time on your big road trip.